“Eleanor puts the needs of clients first. Our clients were particularly impressed with her SWOT analysis and assessment of programs.”
Lead consultant for Openhouse Strategic Planning
• Do all your board and staff understand, agree on and act to further the vision and mission?
• Has your group articulated a shared set of values to guide everyone's effort?
• How do you prioritize and nurture your strongest programs in lean times?
• Do you have an agreed-upon roadmap for where you’re heading and how you’ll get there?
Planning Customized to Your Needs & Means
We will design and carry out customized strategic planning to get your organization headed in the right direction, taking into account your resources, assets, needs, culture and goals, as well external and internal circumstances.
We won’t leave you with an abstract set of long-range strategies; we will assist you in developing actionable, detailed implementation plans to ensure the “feel-good” planning retreat leads to concrete progress.
We have training and experience facilitating TOP methods, theory of change, real-time, issues-based, matrix mapping, appreciative inquiry and other strategic planning approaches.
The Benefits of Strategic Planning
When done well, strategic planning will lead to:
• More understanding of and agreement by the board, staff and other key stakeholders on the mission, vision and values;
• Improved alignment between vision, mission, programs and operations;
• An unambiguous framework for making decisions and allocating resources;
• Increased internal capacity to think strategically, tackle tough issues and decide the hard questions together;
• Greater sense of teamwork—esprit de corps;
• A clear roadmap to steer organization in its chosen strategic directions
Strategic Planning Services include:
• Design a customized process that builds on your organization’s strengths, fits your culture, tolerance for planning and available resources;
• Conduct an organizational assessment and internal diagnostic;
• Carry out stakeholder and other external research;
• Conduct a SWOT or other type of analytical summary;
• Facilitate a participatory, consensus-based strategic planning retreat;
• Design and guide implementation action planning