Catalyze Your Strengths for Greater Career Fulfillment
After nearly three decades in the social sector, I understand organizational norms, values and culture in both nonprofits and foundations. I am curious about individuals, their circumstances, their aspirations and their challenges. I listen deeply and encourage people to surface their own truth, longings and solutions. When invited, I offer suggestions, resources and advice.
For Experienced Social Sector Professionals and New Executives
- Do you want to increase confidence and job effectiveness?
- Do you seek improved work-life balance?
- Are you looking for new challenges?
In my work on strategy, evaluation and fundraising over the years, I have coached board members to own their leadership authority, new executives to improve their management skills, program managers and directors to clarify goals and and foundation leades to find greater satisfaction and less frustration in their roles.
I am called to support emerging leaders to become resilient and impactful advocates for social justice.
Leadership Coaching can help you:
- Enhance skills for managing both up and down
- Improve delegation and resist micromanaging
- Avoid procrastination and boost productivity
- Create more work-life balance
- Identify obstacles and strategies to surmount them
- Design a plan for your current or next position
For Individuals New to the Social Sector and Early- or Mid-career Professionals
- Want help to clarify your strengths and aspirations?
- Are you clear which skills you need to advance your career?
- Could you benefit from help to figure out next steps?
I regularly partner on projects with early-career and mid-career social sector professionals, and I meet them in my courses. Beneath occasional stories of frustration, I hear longing for more gratifying work. For these professionals and for “sector-switchers”, I offer insight and practical tips for career advancement.
I am honored to assist you as you explore opportunities to fulfill your professional aspirations.
Career Coaching can help you:
- Recognize your strengths and learning edges
- Clarify your values and vision for growth
- Articulate specific goals and priorities
- Design a realistic path for advancement
- Identify what you need and how to get it
- Find the support you need to make a change
What People Say about Eleanor’s Leadership Coaching
“The coaching sessions with Eleanor were invaluable to me and helped me manage both up and down. I benefited from the regular attention of a smart person to serve as a sounding board for what I was thinking about. And I appreciated the regularity of our calls for accountability.”
—Moira Duvernay, Deputy Director, Center for Gender & Refugee Studies
What People Say About Eleanor’s Career Coaching
“Eleanor’s coaching was instrumental to my career growth. I shared about organizational culture and other workplace challenges; she offered insight and practical suggestions–always with a sense of humor. Working with Eleanor helped me gain confidence to stretch outside my comfort zone and reach for my goals.”
— Mia DeJesus, Grants Officer, Energy Foundation
“What makes Eleanor an excellent career coach is her passion for helping professionals in social impact spaces, her interpersonal skills and her ability to understand people and their motivations. She helped me think through next steps and shared relevant resources. If you’re a nonprofit professional seeking career coaching, Eleanor can help you engage in intentional career exploration with her wealth of experience and expertise.”
— Brian Kim, Housing Program Manager, National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development