Eleanor A. Smith (she, her)
In 1997, I founded Eleanor A. Smith & Associates to provide strategic consulting services to foundations and non-profit organizations. I offer Leadership and Career Coaching to individuals in foundations and nonprofits.
I am passionate about helping individuals and groups to envision the change they seek to create in themselves, their organizations and their communities and then create the path to getting there.
I write regularly about trends in leadership (including self-leadership), strategic planning and other social sector topics. See latest post here.
Photo of six people seated at a table, with Eleanor standing behind it, by Frank Wing
- Foundation Grantmaker
- Community Needs & Market Researcher
- Economic Development Consultant
- Evaluation Consultant
- Strategic Planning Facilitator
- University Instructor & Workshop Trainer
- Journalist and Book Author
VALUES & APPROACH
Eleanor A. Smith & Associates have worked in and with philanthropic and social benefit organizations for decades. We believe that organizations create social impact when a clear and compelling vision of success drives everything they do and the entire team is on board.
Our work with foundations, nonprofits and their stakeholders is guided by the following values and behaviors:
- Actively Listen & Pay Attention
- Be Self-aware & Culturally Humble
- Center Equity & Inclusion
- Speak Honestly & Act Transparently
- Collaborate & Share Decision-making
- Meet Clients Where They Are
- Prize Creativity & Innovation
- Emphasize Practical, Sustainable Solutions
EDUCATION & TRAINING
I have a Masters Degree in City & Regional Planning from the University of California at Berkeley (dual focus on regional economics and community development) and a BA in Comparative Culture from the University of California at Irvine.
I am trained and skilled in using a variety of strategic planning methods, TOP facilitation, Theory of Change facilitation, evaluation design and methods (The Evaluators Institute) and Organizational Diagnosis (Community At Work).
Progressive Consultants Network